Jesus Christ is the Eternal I AM

Simply a slave who is chained in abandoned love to the Triumphant King, Jesus Christ. "A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary" (Jeremiah 17:12).

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I live, breathe, and desire nothing and no one other than Jesus Christ. He is my Lover, my Lord, and my Life.

Friday, April 22, 2005

There is none but Thee...

But whoso wants God only and lets life go,
Seeks him with sorrow and pursues him far,
And finds him weeping, and in no long time
Again the High and Unapproachable
Evanishing escapeth, and that man
Forgets the life and struggle of the soul,
Falls from his hope, and dreams it was a dream.

Yet back again perforce with sorrow and
shame
Who once hath known him must return, nor long
Can cease from loving, nor endures alone
The dreadful interspace of dreams and day,
Once quick with God; nor is content as those
Who look into each other's eyes and seek
To find one strong enough to uphold the earth,
Or sweet enough to make it heaven: aha,
Whom seek they or whom find? for in all the
world
There is none but thee, my God, there is none
but thee.

by F.W.H. Meyers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home