Jesus Christ is the Eternal I AM

Simply a slave who is chained in abandoned love to the Triumphant King, Jesus Christ. "A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary" (Jeremiah 17:12).

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I live, breathe, and desire nothing and no one other than Jesus Christ. He is my Lover, my Lord, and my Life.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

my Exceeding Great Reward


"After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I [am] thy shield, [and] thy exceeding great reward."
~Genesis 15:1


"And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready."

~Revelation 19:6-7

Christ's blood in sordid death
On the Cross was shed for life;
The perfect beauty of our Lord, no less,
He yielded to purchase a worthy Wife.

Beloved Jesus, my King so fair,
From this dust unclean You raise
The blossom of love to You so near;
Your Name forever I shall praise.

~wilhelm 42



"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

~Philippians 3:14


My goal is God Himself, not joy, nor peace,
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God;
'Tis His to lead me there - not mine, but His—
At any cost, dear Lord, by any road.

~F. Brook


"...as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured [it] on his head."

~Mark 14:3


Thou art my Prize, my Great Reward;
On Thee all night and day
I wait alone, my Gracious Lord;
Thou art my Hope and Stay.

With Love's pure heart I truly cry
To Thee my Holy King;
My soul does groan with deepest sigh,
Thou art my Everything.

In faith fulfilled, with sight to see
Thy hidden Face on earth;
Within Thy Glory my soul shall breathe
To the Lamb His endless worth.

My heart I break, my love to pour
An offering of freewill;
My heart is Thine--I give it, Lord,
To my Great Reward, my Shield.

~wilhelm42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home